Went for my interview and don't know.

Asked over 1 year ago - Fredericksburg, VA

I went for my I 485 interview last week, the io took my I 94 and gave me a paper that says there's nothing needed, and that I may be called for a second interview, or will get something in the mail if approved. Everything went ok but am worried how long I should wait and if it's a good sign that my I 94 was taken.

1. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Answered . It is routine for the IO to take the I-94 and keep it in the file. I'd wait for at least 30 days to seek an update.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Answered . Most probably the I94 had expired - in that situation it is normal for the officer to retain it. I would wait if they said they needed nothing more.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.