Went for my interview and don't know.

Fredericksburg, VA |

I went for my I 485 interview last week, the io took my I 94 and gave me a paper that says there's nothing needed, and that I may be called for a second interview, or will get something in the mail if approved. Everything went ok but am worried how long I should wait and if it's a good sign that my I 94 was taken.

1. It is routine for the IO to take the I-94 and keep it in the file. I'd wait for at least 30 days to seek an update.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

2. Most probably the I94 had expired - in that situation it is normal for the officer to retain it. I would wait if they said they needed nothing more.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

3. I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.