Wenever soldier from another country other than USA goes AWOL, can this prevent them from being eligible for a Green Card?

Baltimore, MD |

Have been a member of the military, but went AWOL (left my job before my contract expired). The thing is that i'm not sure if it would affect me getting my green card seeing that i wasn't apart of the US Army. I'm married and is currently living with my family in the united states. My wife is a USC and she and i are planning to submit my documents to the USCIS very soon.

The answer depends upon more information. Has your country issued any warrants for your arrest? What military training did you receive? Did you engage in any conduct in the military that could constitute persecution? You need to meet with an experienced immigration attorney prior to filing the petitions.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

there was no warrant issued, and i was not engaged in any conduct that could be constitute prosecution.

This is really an immigration law issue. However, it is important to remember that military recruiters evaluate potential recruits, and waivers are allocated on a case-by-case basis. Unfortunately, in a lot of cases whether or not you are able to enlist may depend on how much effort the recruiter is willing to put forth. Feel free to give me a call, I would be happy to discuss your options with you. The initial consult is always free. Good luck.

Marriage and prenups topics