Skip to main content

Well my husband got a dwi in 2009 but he won the thing so they took the charges away but in 2012 he got a bwi again?

Mcallen, TX |

I would like to know what the best for him to do? we got a lawyer but I dont think he does good in his job?
I just would like to know what can may happen?
because in 2 day he has court...
and I would at list want to know what he can do or what????/


+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Does he really have a bwi? If so, is the "b" for bike or boat? Also, if you've hired an attorney, you'll really need to talk to them. If you're not happy with the attorney, consider hiring a new one. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen


If you hired an attorney you need to sit down and speak with him or her. Every criminal charge if different from each other, this comes from the simple fact that each situation is different and not repeated. You and your husband need to start dealing with the fact that your husband is an out of control alcoholic. Once you can admit this fact you can begin to move forward, otherwise both you and he are living in a dream world that is crumbling all around you.

Sorry to be so direct, but denial is more deadly than recognition of a problem.
Martin Zimmerman

Martin Zimmerman, P.C. 189 E. San Antonio St. P.O. Box 310704 New Braunfels, Texas 78131-0704 Tel: (830) 606-7886 Fax: (830) 627-2890 The information contained in and transmitted with this e-mail is: 1) Subject to the Attorney-Client Privilege; 2) Attorney Work Product; or 3) Confidential It is intended only for the individual or entity designated above. Any distribution, copying, use of, or reliance upon the information contained in and transmitted with this facsimile by or to anyone other than the recipient designated above by the sender is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Martin Zimmerman, P.C. by telephone


Get an appointment tomorrow with your attorney and discuss the matter with him or her.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.


I assume that BWI means boating while intoxicated. Whether charged with boating while intoxicated or driving while intoxicated, you need an experienced DWI lawyer. The area of DWI law has become very complicated. If you're uncomfortable with the current lawyer, talk with some other lawyers.
Austin DWI Lawyer
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
Austin Probation Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer