Welfare fraud investigation question. When a person has been blown in for welfare fraud in Erie County NY does anyone know how

Buffalo, NY |

long it takes for the SID team to make contact with the alleged criminal ? I had reported a person roughly 3 weeks ago and then received an email from the SID team and have talked to the person who committed the crimes and she said no one has contacted her yet. Does it take Erie County forever to do an investigation? What do they do in their investigation really ?

1. Investigations take time; records have to reviewed; I'm sure this is not the only case SID has. Why are you talking to someone you reported? How do know the person is telling you the truth about not being contacted?

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.