We went to mediation and we did not reach any agreement. Who should I suggest another mediation to?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

The other party attorney is famous for milking divorce cases. She does not even answer e mails to lawyers. She did not give me an updated financial affidavit besides the fact that she was served by me properly. May I request another mediation?

1. Eric J Trabin

5

Answered . You can request another mediation but the court may not necessarily order another mediation if one was already attempted. As a side, if the other attorney was famous for milking cases then she probably would answer emails to lawyers because then she could bill for that.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.
  2. Karen Tallent Munzer

Pro

3

Answered . If you are not receiving discovery that you have requested, file a motion to compel . As far a mediation, you can request a second mediation from the judge. If you are on amicable terms with your ex, see if the two of you can come to an agreement on the remaining issues. Maybe a dialogue with you ex can at least resolve some of the issues between you, so that will limit what needs to be addressed at trial. Judge hate to have to divide up pots and pans.

3. Leonore M. Greller

1

Answered . Are you self-represented? Did you come to an agreement to get the updated financial affidavit? Are you at courthouse mediation? Also, after an impasse, there should be a status conference at which point you can request another mediation, but I would also do that motion to compel, if you haven't received anything.

4. Richard James Mockler III

Answered . I am a strong believer in mediation. I encourage all of my clients to explore reasonable settlements. But, I understand that not all attorneys are created equal. Sometimes, mediation fails because the parties are not prepared. Sometimes, mediation fails because the clients have unrealistic expectations. You may consider contacting your spouse directly and discussing a settlement proposal. Consult an attorney first, and make an offer that makes sense for everyone. If you are not able to settle your case, you may need to make a better offer or be prepared to ask the court to make a decision for both of you.