We was married with my former wife in 1996, and divorced in 2010. In 2012 I have got married again in church with another women.

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

We was married with my former wife in state of New York in 1996, and divorced in 2010 in state of New Jersey without divide the property. In 2012 I had got married again in church of city of Kiev with another woman, but we still in divide property process with my former wife in state of New York. Unfortunately during my divorce I became very sick, that is why I stop working and start to receive small pension. Whether I shall receive any pension during our marriage from my former wife? If I shall receive, for what period, and for how long I shall receive it ?
Thanks.

I mean, if I will have any SPOUSAL SUPPORT from my former wife?

1. Deborah G. Fiss

1

Answered . When you use the word pension, not clear if you have a pension from your work , or if you mean you would like to seek spousal support from your former wife.

Best if you make an appointment with an attorney so that individual may answer all of your questions.

2. David Alexander Browde

Pro

1

Answered . Probably not. Your marriage was terminated with an agreement and/or judgment of divorce. Unless spousal support was included in that agreement or judgment it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to alter it now.

But the specific wording is important - so you may want to have your agreement reviewed by local counsel.

3. Marco Caviglia

1

Answered . First, you should post this in NJ forum, since that is where you got your divorce and its rules would apply, not NY. You also state you got remarried, although you are doing property division from your first marriage now. Unless the language of your divorce allows you to not only get spousal support this long after the fact, but even though you have remarried, I would doubt you can do so. But again, you should ask a NJ attorney.

4. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . It is impossible to answer you question in this online Q&A forum. You should bring all your paperwork and discuss the facts of your cases in person with a local seasoned family law attorney.