We want 4 acres rezoned rural residential from rr1. Land across the street and the west side is zoned agricultural.

Asked over 2 years ago - Manito, IL

We want a horse, a goat, chickens, possibly a cow or a small dog kennel.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Mark Alan Mackin

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact your city or county planning or land use agency. Or contact a real estate lawyer who has some experience with zoning and land use issues generally.

    DISCLAIMER: The forgoing comment is for general educational purposes only, and is not legal advice upon which the... more
  2. Laura Mcfarland-Taylor

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. In addition, if you have not already purchased the land a good realtor will be able to assist you.

    If we do not have a signed fee agreement I am not your attorney and this is not legal advice.
  3. Brandy Ann Peeples


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with the above poster. You may have options, especially if your municipality is undergoing any kind of comprehensive rezoning in the near future.

    DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,037 answers this week

2,812 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,037 answers this week

2,812 attorneys answering