We Want to sue Progressive Because after we buy a car 3 day after burn up, they don't want to pay us the car

Plantation, FL |

We got the registration papers after almost a moth and we have more cars insurance with progressive, the dealer told us that progressive have to pay us because even went we haven't the time to put the car in our policy we do insurance with them. They don't want to pay us.
We want to sue and we need a lawyer.

Thank you

[redacted]

You have to call them; they won't come to you.

Your policy clearly states that you must add an additional or replacement vehicle within 30 days of purchasing it to retain all but PIP and PD. All Progressive policies have that clause. Car salesmen give very poor legal advice.

I only practice in the areas of personal injury, federal civil rights, and criminal law. I will not respond to inquiries about legal representation in other areas of law, so please do not call me about matters outside my areas of practice. Furthermore, my answers on Avvo do not create an attorney-client relationship. Avvo is not designed for the type of legal analysis I personally require to accept a case. You should always seek a consultation with a licensed attorney who practices in the specific area of law who can fully review the facts of your case.

You will need to contact a lawyer that handles "first party" insurance claims. If its a coverage case involving a burned vehicle (often accused of arson), you will likely have to pay out of pocket for the lawyer to handle that case, as it wont likely be done a "we get paid only if we win" basis. Fortunately, Fla. Stat. 627.428 would allow you to recover those fees as against the insurance company if you win.

You have 30 days from date of purchase to add a newly acquired vehicle to your policy. During the 30 days period, Progressive affords you broad coverage, similar to what is shown in your declaration page.
If you had comprehensive coverage in your policy, and your newly acquired vehicle was burnt 3 days after purchase, there might be coverage. Otherwise, you may be facing a valid denial.
I dont quite understand the facts pattern here, but i welcome the opportunity to meet you ( free consultation) to explore your options.