We wanna get married but our parents are not in favor.

Asked about 3 years ago - Woburn, MA

my girlfriend is 18 yaers old and i am 25. her parents are against our decision. Is there any legal issues if we get married? what if her parents file a case against me?

1. Robert J McCarthy Jr

1

Best Answer

Answered . The age to get married in Massachusetts without parental consent is eighteen. See the below link for more information.

2. E. Alexandra Golden

Answered . You're both adults. You can do as you please. There's nothing her parents can legally do to stop you. The only legal right they have is to make sure that your girlfriend doesn't inherit anything if she does marry you by cutting her out of their wills.

While it's not a legal issue, your girlfriend needs to do some serious soul-searching about the possible long-term consequences of her actions for her relationship with her parents and other members of the family.