Skip to main content

We've contacted my husband's employer twice--2/09 and 3/09 regarding W-2.We've still not received the W-2. What can we do?

Dayton, OH |

We have two weeks left for tax filing and have yet to receive the W-2 from my husband's job. We've contacted twice about this problem and have yet to hear from them nor received the W-2. What can we do and will we be responsible for any fees or penalites because of this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I would contact a lawyer immediately. Tax deadlines are fast approaching. The lawyer can get a filing extension for you if you cannot get the W2 on time.

My standard disclaimer: I am not offering legal advice, assume I do
not know the law in your state or at all for that matter and that I am
just making suggestions for starting points for when you do speak with
an attorney. Do NOT rely on anything I write and contact a lawyer in
your area immediately after reading my posting.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer