We rent , rent check was held onto longer than 10 days, does this supersede lease (check fee) : check's beyond 10 day old,

Asked 11 months ago - Tolleson, AZ

our manager is always holding onto checks, then robbed and owners want rent.. again, my understanding is after ten days it isn't as much the check writers responsibility regarding fees as it is the person trying to cash the stale check.. what happens?
TYVM

1. James Portman Webster

Pro

Answered . This is a difficult question because you will not, more than likely, going to be in court.

In other words, it will end up being what you can convince the owner.

A receipt would help. Bank statements showing the money in the account may also help.

There may be a 10 day rule but I have never heard of it. Most checks are good for at least 90 days.

Jim Webster
    Scottsdale, Chandler, Mesa & Phoenix Arizona Bankruptcy Attorneys & Lawyers

1845 S. Dobson Rd. Ste 201
    Mesa, AZ 85202

(480) 464-4667
    Jim@jpwlegal.com

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for relief under the Bankruptcy Code.

2. Gary D. Bollinger

Pro

Answered . If you have a receipt for presenting the check, you have a strong argument.
    If not, it is your word against the manager's.