We purchased a home in May, 2013. We have had water problems in our backyard since the purchase. The builder isn't responding.

Asked 9 months ago - Auburn, WA

We moved into the house with a retaining wall in the center of our yard. When we contacted the builder, they installed a french drain, but this didn't fix the problem. We learned an unpermitted drain was installed in a yard two houses down from us that is flowing into our neighbors yard. They said they would install a sump pump under our house, but when the installers arrived, they said the water was coming from the highest point of our foundation and now the lowest, so they left without installing it. There was clearly a grading problem. They said that the water is coming from the hillside behind our house and that the sump pump won't work. We now have a backyard with a retaining wall going through the center that is completely saturated and unusable. Builder is not responding.

1. Katie Jean Comstock

Pro

2

Answered . There are multiple claims that may be available to you depending on the promises and warranties made by your builder prior to purchase. I recommend reviewing your contracts and warranties with a real estate and/or construction defect attorney.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . I agree with Katie, these are serious and costly problems to fix and you might need to sue the builder.