We paid $20,000.00 for a house and one acre of land and now the original owner is trying to take the house from us.

Lubbock, TX |

We bought a mobile home and one acre of land paid it in full in April, 2010. Then last week the owners put a tax lien on the house and told us to vacate in 72 hours. We presently had out son there so he vacated the house. They say now that we owe $5000.00 still on the house. They kept telling us they would put the house in our name and they never did plus they wouldnt give reciepts each time so we don't have all the reciepts. They admitted to the cops we had paid $15,000.00 but keep saying we owe a additonal $5000.00. I did alot of repairs at thier home so they eveidently aren't giving us credit for that work I done.I just don't know what to do as I don't want to lose our home.

You need to contact a local attorney. This sounds like they are trying to pull a fast one on you, but you will need to show an attorney the documents involved in the sale and those related to everything that is happening now. Without looking over these, it is difficult to give you a clear answer about your options.

Good Luck,

Daniel

This reply is provided for information purposes only and does not represent legal advice or an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Real estate