We need to obtain a copy of a federal criminal trial transcript.

Las Vegas, NV |

When we asked our attorney he said to contact the court reporter for it. He is not handling our appeal. How do we find that person?

He is correct. Call Judge's chambers of the Judge that presided over your trial and ask for the contact information of the court reporter that took the transcript. Be very very mindful of the timeline here. You can easily lose your right to appeal if you do not file the proper notices in time. Court reporters are notorious for being late on transcripts. You may need to ask for an extension if the court reporter takes a long time to publish the transcript. Also, make sure you are applying Federal rules and not State of Nevada rules. There are so many pitfalls here that you should probably hire counsel to help you with the appeal.

We are pre sentencing trying to find an appeals atty. With our disappointing experience with the trial attorney and judge we are having difficult time finding one who isn't part of this good old boys and girls club which seems to exist in this city. Finding an attorney who wants to do the job and communicate with the defendant and believe in him has been frustrating so we want to know everything in order to make sure nothing is left out this time.

Thomas D. Boley

Thomas D. Boley

Time is definitely of the essence. I would recommend Joel Mann. I do criminal defense, but appeals really aren't my bag. Joel does much more of these than myself, especially on the Federal level. There are a lot of reasons why younger attorneys are favorable.

Thanks. I've seen his name. Again you have been a great help.

The attorney who is handling your appeal should be taking care of this.