We need a pro Bono civil rights attorney to file an injunction to allow samesex marriage until the aclu wins the case

Philadelphia, PA |

A group of us are looking for a pro bono attorney to draw up a petition and an injunction packet to put an injunction on the Pennsylvania ban on same sex marriage we know the aclu has filed a lawsuit but the suit can take up to 5 years and some of us need the legal protection of marriage now and in light of the Montgomery County issuing marriage to same sex couples now we would like an attorney to help us out we would defend ourselves but need the paper work drawn up for us
My husband (Married in New York) got diagnosed with cancer and in order for him to get coverage we need to be legally married in pa or my insurance wont cover him and since pa doesnt allow same sex marriage maybe an injunction can let that happen until the lawsuit is all over with

1. Call your state bar and request a referral or locate a gay rights advocacy group in your area. Solicitations violate the terms of use of this site.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.