We lived in florida i work in louisiana during this time she moved to atlanta how do i know if she has filed for divorce

Asked over 2 years ago - Kenner, LA

i keep trying to contact she wont let me know where she is are where my kids are

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Lauren G. Coleman

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If she has filed for divorce, the court must serve you with the petition or you must be notified by a curator. You can be served by mail. You can file if you are domiciled in Louisiana and you can ask for custody of the minor children.

    Every situation is different and you should consult your own attorney to go over all the particular facts in your... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Child Support

Child support is the money paid from one parent to another for expenses resulting from the other parent’s custody of a child or children.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,882 answers this week

2,949 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,882 answers this week

2,949 attorneys answering