We live in USA and citizens. My father petition my Sister with her family. She has been approved and waiting for visa.

Asked over 1 year ago - Pittsburg, CA

According to visa center she has to wait couple more years for her visa. in the mean time we want to invite her and only 2 of her kids for just visit. We tried the l _160 process But her application was denied. What can we do to just invite her for visit?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

1

Answered . It is difficult for her to get a visitors visa once she has been sponsored for a green card.

2. Jakob Seth Lipman

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, it may be difficult to obtain a visitor visa at this point.

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

2

Answered . In order for them to come for a visit, they would need a visitor visa. As you wrote, they applied for that but were denied. They could try again, but it might be difficult to get an approval. US officials want to feel convinced that they will leave the USA upon the expiration of their authorized stay as visitors, and with their immigrant visa applications pending, it will likely be difficult to convince them of this.

4. Laura Justine Jacobson

1

Answered . She would need a visitor's visa to come. However, these are often denied when someone has a family petition pending, because the officer is concerned they are actually intending to come here to stay. You can try to show that she has sufficient links to her country that would make her go back when her time as a visitor is up, but it may not be possible to overcome that.