We live in USA and citizens. My father petition my Sister with her family. She has been approved and waiting for visa.

Pittsburg, CA |

According to visa center she has to wait couple more years for her visa. in the mean time we want to invite her and only 2 of her kids for just visit. We tried the l _160 process But her application was denied. What can we do to just invite her for visit?

1. It is difficult for her to get a visitors visa once she has been sponsored for a green card.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. She would need a visitor's visa to come. However, these are often denied when someone has a family petition pending, because the officer is concerned they are actually intending to come here to stay. You can try to show that she has sufficient links to her country that would make her go back when her time as a visitor is up, but it may not be possible to overcome that.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.

3. In order for them to come for a visit, they would need a visitor visa. As you wrote, they applied for that but were denied. They could try again, but it might be difficult to get an approval. US officials want to feel convinced that they will leave the USA upon the expiration of their authorized stay as visitors, and with their immigrant visa applications pending, it will likely be difficult to convince them of this.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

4. I agree with my colleagues, it may be difficult to obtain a visitor visa at this point.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.