We live in USA and citizens. My father petition my Sister with her family. She has been approved and waiting for visa.

Asked over 1 year ago - Pittsburg, CA

According to visa center she has to wait couple more years for her visa. in the mean time we want to invite her and only 2 of her kids for just visit. We tried the l _160 process But her application was denied. What can we do to just invite her for visit?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . It is difficult for her to get a visitors visa once she has been sponsored for a green card.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Jakob Seth Lipman

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues, it may be difficult to obtain a visitor visa at this point.

    The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an... more
  3. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . In order for them to come for a visit, they would need a visitor visa. As you wrote, they applied for that but were denied. They could try again, but it might be difficult to get an approval. US officials want to feel convinced that they will leave the USA upon the expiration of their authorized stay as visitors, and with their immigrant visa applications pending, it will likely be difficult to convince them of this.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
  4. Laura Justine Jacobson

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . She would need a visitor's visa to come. However, these are often denied when someone has a family petition pending, because the officer is concerned they are actually intending to come here to stay. You can try to show that she has sufficient links to her country that would make her go back when her time as a visitor is up, but it may not be possible to overcome that.

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,531 answers this week

3,044 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,531 answers this week

3,044 attorneys answering