We just received a notice of default and electionto sell under deed of trust notice. Do i need to contac a lawyer?

We are living in the home currently in las vegas. We would be interested in a short sale if possible. What should my first move be from here?

Las Vegas, NV -

Attorney Answers (3)

William C. Devine II

William C. Devine II

Real Estate Attorney - Las Vegas, NV

I will make a prediction - the Affidavit of Authority says that the affiant created personal knowledge by reviewing business records? If so, contact me this week and I'll let you in on a few things.

Best Regards,
William Devine, II, Esq.
Law Firm of Rainey Devine
(702) 425-5100

I am an attorney, just not your attorney (yet). Any answers here are to be deemed informational unless and until... more
Evan A Nielsen

Evan A Nielsen

Tax Lawyer - Redlands, CA

Short sales are a good option if you don’t want to keep the home. Their impact on your credit score is lower and generally, they can be done without additional cost to you and can resolve all debts associated with the property. But be careful in how (and who) you have represent you on the sale – a short sale is much more than a real estate transaction. It will also have legal, tax and financial implications so work with a team of professionals who covers all those bases.

Good luck.

Evan A. Nielsen
1255 W. Colton Ave., #506 | Redlands, CA 92374
Main: 909.363.4658 | Fax: 480.304.3211

Mention this Post for a free consultation.

Evan A. Nielsen is licensed to practice law in California. The information provided here is for educational... more
Eric Jerome Gold

Eric Jerome Gold

Estate Planning Attorney - Calabasas, CA

I short sale can be a viable option. You should consult with a local real estate or bankruptcy attorney for guidance and direction, based on your particular facts.

When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am... more

Related Topics

Business records

Small business records are documents recording business dealings, including accounting documents, meeting minutes, memoranda, and contracts.

Featured Legal Guides

Property foreclosure

If you miss too many mortgage payments, your lender can start foreclosure proceedings to take ownership of the property, but it has to follow your state's laws.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.