We just received a notice of default and electionto sell under deed of trust notice. Do i need to contac a lawyer?

Las Vegas, NV |

We are living in the home currently in las vegas. We would be interested in a short sale if possible. What should my first move be from here?

1. I will make a prediction - the Affidavit of Authority says that the affiant created personal knowledge by reviewing business records? If so, contact me this week and I'll let you in on a few things.

Best Regards,
    William Devine, II, Esq.
    Law Firm of Rainey Devine
    (702) 425-5100

I am an attorney, just not your attorney (yet). Any answers here are to be deemed informational unless and until you retain me as your attorney for actual legal services and legal advice. I offer free in-person consultations. If you like my answer, please hit the thumbs up button.

2. Short sales are a good option if you don’t want to keep the home. Their impact on your credit score is lower and generally, they can be done without additional cost to you and can resolve all debts associated with the property. But be careful in how (and who) you have represent you on the sale – a short sale is much more than a real estate transaction. It will also have legal, tax and financial implications so work with a team of professionals who covers all those bases.

Evan A. Nielsen
    1255 W. Colton Ave., #506 | Redlands, CA 92374
    Main: 909.363.4658 | Fax: 480.304.3211
    Evan.Nielsen@NielsenLawGroup.net
    www.NielsenLawGroup.net

Mention this Post for a free consultation.

Evan A. Nielsen is licensed to practice law in California. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult an attorney.

3. I short sale can be a viable option. You should consult with a local real estate or bankruptcy attorney for guidance and direction, based on your particular facts.

When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel.

Business topics