We hired an attorney to help with our foreclosure.He is now fabricating emails to make it seem he did his job when he did not.

Cocoa, FL |

We hired him May 2010 to help with our mtg co cause we got no where with them once I lost my job . He made us feel good that he could help , but we nor saw mod , mediation , info of short sale he let this drag out till 2013 so we are loosing our home auction in a few weeks , have a judgment against us for $ 255 , 000 since we didn't know short sale was an option to maybe get us out from under this debt . I got a copy our file and went page to page trying to undress why but what i found was he fabricated so many documents , emails , letters stating he told us options and thats so false . I want to know if I have a civil case against his firm and what type of lawyer could sit and help us make our case ? HELP ! Thank you !

This is extremely upsetting to 99.99% of the attorneys out there who are honest and ethical. I not only recommend you consider looking into legal malpractice as previously suggested, I also suggest you register a complaint with whatever is the attorney licensing board for the State of in Florida. Many lawyers think it is always the State Bar, but at least in my state it is called something different. You should be able to locate that information quite readily. Best wishes to you and on behalf of the rest of the lawyers, please accept our sincerest apology for the poor treatment you have received.

Thank you so much. It is so sad nothing like adding insult to injury. We did find a awesome firm that told us we are in the bottom of the 9th but we will try all that we can and from Jan until now they have done more for us than we ever got in the last 3yrs. We have gotten like 3 offers I believe at his point and so now the waiting game to hope and pray the bank will approve one of these offers...fingers crossed!

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

I wish you all the best. Hopefully things will work out for you.

Recommend you contact a a malpractice attorney in your state. Your state bar association refer you; you can use the 'find a lawyer' option on avvo.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Thank you very much!

I agree with the other attorneys. You should absolutely pursue a professional complaint against him as well as contact an attorney who specializes in legal malpractice. Sadly this is becoming too frequent an occurrence an it tends to happen much too often in the foreclosure defense area which gives the other good, honest attorneys a bad reputation by association. If this attorney went to such great lengths to fabricate these items you are probably not his first or last victim. Good luck to you.

* Please note that I am an Attorney practicing in Georgia, but I am not your attorney. This post is intended to provide some helpful insight into your particular situation, but it should not be taken as legal advice. If you would like to discuss your Georgia Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, or Criminal case, I am happy to discuss your specific situation with you at no cost to you. I can be reached at 404-996-5157 or Fareesh@SarangiLaw.com. If you found this Answer "Helpful" or " The Best Answer", please click the tab indicating that. Thank you!

Thank you. All of your comments really helped me to know that I am on the right track getting him to accept some responsibility in this mess. I know we can't be the only ones (which is scary) because for clients going through this many don't have the means or the fight left in them to go thru a lengthy legal battle or believe they are not entitled to lodge a complaint because he did file an answer so he says per our contract I did the best I could. Unlucky for him he didn't know that I don't give up that easy and I'm awesome at taking notes and I keep everything!! Thank you again!

Professional ethics topics