We hired an attorney to help with our foreclosure.He is now fabricating emails to make it seem he did his job when he did not.

Asked over 1 year ago - Cocoa, FL

We hired him May 2010 to help with our mtg co cause we got no where with them once I lost my job . He made us feel good that he could help , but we nor saw mod , mediation , info of short sale he let this drag out till 2013 so we are loosing our home auction in a few weeks , have a judgment against us for $ 255 , 000 since we didn't know short sale was an option to maybe get us out from under this debt . I got a copy our file and went page to page trying to undress why but what i found was he fabricated so many documents , emails , letters stating he told us options and thats so false . I want to know if I have a civil case against his firm and what type of lawyer could sit and help us make our case ? HELP ! Thank you !

1. Judy A. Goldstein

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . This is extremely upsetting to 99.99% of the attorneys out there who are honest and ethical. I not only recommend you consider looking into legal malpractice as previously suggested, I also suggest you register a complaint with whatever is the attorney licensing board for the State of in Florida. Many lawyers think it is always the State Bar, but at least in my state it is called something different. You should be able to locate that information quite readily. Best wishes to you and on behalf of the rest of the lawyers, please accept our sincerest apology for the poor treatment you have received.

2. Fareesh S. Sarangi

Pro

4

1

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. You should absolutely pursue a professional complaint against him as well as contact an attorney who specializes in legal malpractice. Sadly this is becoming too frequent an occurrence an it tends to happen much too often in the foreclosure defense area which gives the other good, honest attorneys a bad reputation by association. If this attorney went to such great lengths to fabricate these items you are probably not his first or last victim. Good luck to you.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

3

1

Answered . Recommend you contact a a malpractice attorney in your state. Your state bar association refer you; you can use the 'find a lawyer' option on avvo.