We have narrowed our decision in choosing an attorney for legal representation. How do we narrow it down to "the one"!

Asked almost 4 years ago - Bellingham, WA

Needing representation for DUI and crimimal felony. The one we wanted is excellent in Dui/Dwi cases but rarely does felony but said he would do it, the other is excellent w/criminal felony but not as good as the aforementioned in fighting Dui cases. So how do I choose???

1. Elizabeth Rankin Powell

Answered . You could go observe them in court and see what you think of how they handle themselves; you can go to the law library, see if either is publishing or teaching CLE's. After that? Its really the one who makes you feel reasonably confident that they can help you and are worth the fee you will pay.

Hope this helps. Elizabeth Powell

2. Travis S Jones

Answered . I agree with the previous answer. In the end you need to chose an attorney you feel comfortable with and who you believe will fight for you. Meet with them in person to get a feel for how the interact with clients, and then watch them in court.

3. Adrian Martinez Madrone

Pro

Answered . Felonies and DUIs are two very different animals. They happen in different courts, with different prosecutors and different judges. There are a number of well-qualified attorneys in Bellingham/Whatcom county who would be able to handle both cases competently. Ultimately, you need to do your research, meet with a number of attorneys, and then trust your instincts about which attorney gives you the greatest sense of trust and confidence.

4. Manny Daskal

Answered . Another resource for checking out how accomplished a DUI attorney is to check the National College for DUI Defense(NCDD) There are a number of astonishingly good Washington attorneys listed there. I know some of them personally but you are ultimately the one who has to know--and make the right decision. You're doing your homework so keep up the good work.