We have budget billing with Alabama power. We are being charged 1000 for a 65 bill is there a limit to how much they can charge

Mobile, AL |

I was woundering if there is a limit to how much they can charge over the actual bill

You question doesn't make a lot of sense. I think you are trying to ask a usury question meaning does your state stop excessive interest and I don't know the answer as I am not licensed in Alabama. If you have a $65 bill how are you being charged $1000. Is is in default? Did it go to collections etc? Or do you really owe $1000 and you are on a budget plan to repay the $1000? These are the relevant questions that must be answered for an Alabama attorney to likely assess what you want answered.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Illinois. Responses are answers to general legal questions and the receiver of such question should consult a local attorney for specific answers to questions.