Skip to main content

We have an easement that goes through a bar parking lot. The plat survey states our land includes a 30 foot wide strip.

Eau Claire, WI |

Wondering what my legal rights are as far as the easement we have coming from the highway through a bar parking lot to our house. The plat survey states in the description that it includes a 30 foot wide strip of land for the purpose of ingress and egress. Wanting to know if we have the right to put posts along it with no trespassing signs to keep unwanted patrons of the bar out of our driveway. I was told by one of the bar owners that the own our driveway and can use anyway they want. Please give me some insight on this matter.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I suggest you consult with a local real estate lawyer about the specifics. You should take a copy of the easement document with you to an appointment and ask these questions directly. What you can do, may well depend upon the particulars found in the easement document itself. It has been my experience that disputes like the one you outline are often best resolved with a lawyer representing you. A small amount spent now could save you a lot of money later. Good luck.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer