We have a Conflict of interested with the other party's Attorney, which that attorney hired a co counsel for his case, Jan 2012

Asked almost 2 years ago - Manchester Center, VT

We determed there was a conflict in Feb 2012, the other Attorney was in the firm that handle the exact type of case, that we are involved in now. Nothing was done about the conflict, so now the Lead Attorney wants excused from the case, and turned over to co-Counsel Our Attorney wants us to sign a waiver to release him from the case and conflict of interest. Going through the documents I have found mistakes, in the signing of court doc., mistakes on who is Lead and who is co-Counsel. I know this Lead Attorney knew without a doubt he had a conflict of interest. What should we do? Everything in this complaint are lies.

1. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . Without a lot more information, it is difficult to understand what the real conflict may be here. You can waive a conflict of your attorney, however, I suggest you pay to have an attorney review the circumstances for you, perhaps including reviewing the case file if you believe there have been some "mistakes". Once an independent attorney has reviewed the situation and advised you, you will be in a position to make an intelligent, informed decision.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. him and