We have a 5 month old foster baby we had for 2 month. His mom is 15 she is also in foster care. she was takin parenting classes

Modesto, CA |

she also was taking drug and alchol classes 3 weeks ago she ran away from the foster home. she was just found by polic now she wants the baby to be in the same foster home as her. We love the baby and want to adopt him. Would a judge give the baby back to a 15 year old with no family who has ran away. It scares me to think what could happend to this child

If she ran away from the foster home while she was also taking drug and alcohol classes, it doesn't look good. Drugs and alcohol are a major concern. I doubt a judge would give the baby back. There are many factors to consider that cannot be answered on this post. Consider retaining a lawyer to help in these difficult times.

www.joetorrilaw.com

You should ensure that the social worker is aware that you are open to adopting this child. In certain circumstances, the social worker may want to remove the child to avoid the issue of bonding between child and foster parent.

Consult an attorney as you may want to ensure that that all relevant information of the situation is considered, and if retained, this attorney would already have the information and would only be a telephone call away to ensuring that you are afforded a hearing before the child is placed elsewhere.