We have 3 acres of agriculture with house that we would like to turn into a wedding venue. Possible?

Concrete, WA |

This is property that was boundary adjusted away from the main farm, which was sold. 2 acres are situated on the Skagit River. The deed reads suitable for wildlife viewing platforms and nature trails. The house does not flood (not in the floodway) but it has no neighbors and has a beautiful view. The county has already frowned upon the idea. So can we change the zoning?

You can always try to change the zoning or obtain a "conditional use permit".

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

You need to discuss issue with real estate attorney in county where real estate is located.

Agricultural law topics