We fired an emp for misconduct (she forged a medical instrument). She did not claim unemployment. Now she is filling

Asked over 1 year ago - Syracuse, NY

and we received this dertermination: The claimant had subsequent employment after working for you and before filing this claim, having earned renumeration in this subsequent employment = to or exceeding 5 times the benefit rate payable on the claim. Therefore, any potential disqualifications for discharge due to misconduct with you does not apply. For this reason, no determination will be made, and your account is chargeable under Section 581.1e. WHAT??? We had an arrestable offense we fired an employee for and we still have to pay? Please explain this to me before my brain explodes. Thank you!

1. Vincent Peter White

Answered . Unfortunately this is how unemployment works in New York State.