We bought a house the seller was to turn house over to buyer neat and clean. its a mess and has drywall damage in every room.

Asked over 1 year ago - Elko, NV

what are , are rights were in nv

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Lawrence W. Freiman

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It will depend on what your contract says. You should definitely have your real estate agent review it. If your real estate agent can't help you, you should speak with an attorney.

    The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-... more
  2. Pamela Koslyn

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Usually real estate contracts provide that a seller sell a house in "broom clean" condition. Also there's usually an inspection shortly before closing.

    Have you contacted your RE agent, so they can contact the seller's agent? If the damages are substantial, review what your contract says about dispute resolution, and then see a RE litigator for help to make sure you comply with your contract's requirements.

    Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to... more
  3. Howard Robert Roitman


    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . the Real Property Law requires sellers of residential real estate, with certain exceptions, to provide a Property Condition Disclosure Statement to the buyer or agent prior to the buyer signing the contract of sale. The real estate law requires the seller, based on the seller's actual knowledge, to answer dozens of questions concerning legal, financial, and physical characteristics of the home in question. The form required by the statute provides that a knowingly false or incomplete statement by the seller may subject the seller to claims by the buyer prior to or after the transfer of title.

    The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,606 answers this week

2,849 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,606 answers this week

2,849 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary