We bought a house lining up to what we were told a golf course would be built. It was stated in the addendum. Now the developer

Sister Bay, WI |

we bought a house lining up to what we were told a golf course would be built. It was stated in the addendum. Now the developer states they are putting the golf course somewhere else. Is this legal, or misrepresentation and do we have any recourse?

1. You arguably have a misrepresentation claim, though it might be difficult to prove that the seller KNEW that the representation was false at the time it was made. I would need to know how much less valuable your property is without the neighboring golf course.

2. Assuming it was listed in the addendum and you relied on the statement in making your purchase, it certainly could constitute a material misrepresentation/fraud-in-the inducement. When did you purchase the property?