Skip to main content

We are overstayed am I'm working since 2004. Will these affect our family based petition from my US citizen daughter?

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

we come here as tourist in 2001.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    You will be able to adjust in USA if you entered USA legally.

  2. You will able to adjust status (thus get the green card) as a Parent of United States Citizen int he United States.

  3. If you came here legally and are not inadmissible on other grounds and your daughter is a U.S. Citizen over 21 years of age, then you can adjust in the U.S.

    We have 3 offices over the State of California and an international office in the Philippines. We do 100% Immigration Law, have done nearly 5000 cases and can help you. Should you want an in depth consultation, please schedule one at or call 562-495-0554 or e-mail me directly at

  4. How old is your US Citizen daughter? More information is needed. You might be eligible to adjust status to permanent resident without leaving the United States, but more information about your complete immigration history is needed. I suggest you consult with an immigration lawyer about your case.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

  5. Your U.S. Citizen daughter may be able to petition for you when she turns 21. I recommend consulting with a qualified immigration attorney to best assess your options.

    Ellie Mosko Attorney Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-9901 Email: The information I provide on Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client relationship

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics