We are looking for a local San Francisco free speech attorney for our federal lawsuit against the nudity ban in SF.

San Francisco, CA |

We filed a federal lawsuit against the city of SF based on the fact that the nudity ban that was implemented on feb 1, 2013 - is unconstitutional. It makes no provisions for political nor artistic self expression. We were arrested multiple times while engaged in political protests and dance performance.
We found a great ACLU lawyer who is willing to represent us but he is not local and we need to find a local attorney to help us.

Solicitations violate the terms of use if this site. Try your county lawyer referral service or the Avvo 'find a lawyer' tab.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

thank you for your rude stupid answer.

Any "great ACLU lawyer" is wholly connected to an amazing and unsurpassed nation-wide network of similarly experienced and principled attorneys. Let your ACLU guy put together the legal team.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

He currently doesn't have anyone, it's not that simple.

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall

Your statement does not make sense. The resources of the ACLU are vast and well-documented. It is among the top three public interest litigation shops still standing. If your great ACLU attorney doesn't have anyone, there is something askew in the facts.

The ACLU attorney knows others in the area, most likely, or can find out about any who are local.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

Civil rights topics