Skip to main content

We are in need of an entertainment attorney who resides in California

Los Angeles, CA |

We need him to take over the stellar job our attorney has done for us where we are presently and to continue to pursue someone with a restraining order against them. Our present attorney cannot practice in California. The defendant resides in L.A. and has been mocking law and enforcement in both states and laughing at the attorneys even though he has a restraining order against him. Is there anyone out there who can do this or knows of someone else who can do it? We appreciate any help we can get. Thank you

Attorney Answers 8

  1. Search Avvo or Google. Many attorneys handle entertainment matters.

  2. You should use Avvo's find a lawyer function and look at the attorney's qualification.

    This section is for general legal questions.

  3. This does not sound like an entertainment law matter. I'm not sure what you mean in saying that you are "pursuing" someone with a restraining order. Do a search on for California criminal defense or civil litigation attorneys..

  4. [removed]

    I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

  5. [removed]

    The above is not intended as legal advice and does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship, as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication. Furthermore, the attorney's answer above is intended to be general information only, and there may be facts not contained in the question which could change the answer, so the answer above should not be relied upon without first obtaining legal advice from your own attorney.

  6. Normally the attorney handling the matter would be able to refer you to an attorney in another jurisdiction. Also, it is unclear what the matter is.

  7. You failed to provide adequate information. You would need an entertainment attorney only to the extent that the restraining order or its breach has some particular connection beyond coincidence to the entertainment world. Regardless, if you believe that the order has been violated you need to alert law enforcement authorities, and/or commence contempt proceedings, to enforce the order. If the order was issued in the other State, you probably will need to register the order in California before you have any reasonable expectation of enforcement here. Why doesn't attorney Stellar take charge of this?

  8. If all you need is a restraining order, you do not need an entertainment lawyer. You need an attorney that handles domestic disputes. I would be happy to make a referral, or there are many other lawyers on here that I presume practice in this area.

Entertainment law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics