Skip to main content

We are in desperate need of a low cost or pro bono attorney to represent my husband in a drug charge ASAP!

Sacramento, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

My husband is going through a drug charges possession with the intent to sale 73 estacy pills. However, this is not true. He use it personally when we were not together to get him through. He is not a drug dealer and is going to drugs classes to get help with his addiction. We have witnesses there that day that can go to court to protest that he didn't sell no drugs. His next court date is August 11, 2009. He has a public defender but nothing is being done. What the best things that we can do to help my husband stay out of jail? He is the sole person that work and support the family now. Without him, our family will not have a place to live or food to eat. Please help us out. This is his first offense. He is a good father, husband, son, and a brother. Please help us, anyone out there.

Attorney Answers 2


Generally it is close to impossible to find a criminal defense attorney that handles cases pro-bono, the reason is that there is the public defenders office for this. Usually, you have the right to the attorney of yoru chosing, if you can afford that attorney that is.

MANY attorneys have differing fees for the same work, i would suggest consulting with a few and discussing fees. However, i would pre-warn you that when you begin to comparison shop for criminal defense attorneys you may be looking for more trouble than youre in already, and a greater sense of dissatisfaction. Public defenders are not able to be as communicative with clients because of how many cases they have, and attorneys that charge very low fees must also take on as many clients as possible in order to pay the bills, basically putting you back in the same position you are now just having lost money.

Mark as helpful


Having done this for almost 13 years I agree with the other attorney regarding low cost defense attorneys.

You don't have to go the highest cost (sometimes they are the worst for other reasons on a case like this).

I can tell you, from my experience, that the 73 ecstasy pills for personal use is not going to be a great argument right now. Stick with the public defender or go with a medium cost defense attorney.

Good luck with your situation.

Take Note: Common Sense and this environment (the internet) require me to remind everyone that this answer isn't legal advice, and shouldn't be relied upon. Remember-every state has different laws, rules and regulations and each person's situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a thorough evaluation and review of all the facts and documents at issue, including potential investigation. By answering or posting information here, it doesn't create an attorney-client relationship.

Matthew Williamson

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics