We are in a custody battle with my step sons mother and we have a women that would testfy she's prostituting herself help!

Peoria, IL |

we are thinking of getting an order of protection against her from her son for prostitution and drugs we have a friend of hers that is concerned for my stepson and would testify against her for this action what can I do and how do I do it please help she's a danger to this little boy

Discuss this with your custody attorney. Even if that is true, and it may be hard to prove, that may not be a basis for an OP for the child.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

Even with a concered friend of hers! She takes pills while he's there and sleeps the whole time! She will leave him at her apartment with random men she has there! I'm so confused and scared to death to send him there cause we don't know what's going on and my stepson has said his mom sleeps alot

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

So then what are you waiting for? This online forum cannot help you. Hire a lawyer and get to court.

In an OP action it is going to be tough to cause the judge to take away custody from a mother just because of the nature of OPs. If this is happening then alerting DCFS might be a more effective method.

We have already have gotten temporary custody of the child! He goes there for visitations every Tuesday and every other weekend! And during these visits she pops pills and sleeps all day and leaves him with strangers while she leaves

Gary L. Schlesinger

Gary L. Schlesinger

so stop writing here. get a lawyer to do a motion to modify the visits under 750 ilcs 5/607 as she poses a serious endangerment to the child. no guarantee that you will win that.

Peggy M. Raddatz

Peggy M. Raddatz

And calling DCFS is never a good idea.....ever.

You need to speak with a lawyer. An OP is a possibility. DO NOT call DCFS or you will have more problems on your hand. Since you already have temporary custody, you can file a motion for supervised or restricted visitation. Your lawyer will know what to do. If you do not yet have counsel, speak with several and hire the one you like the best. There are many excellent attorneys in your area.

I don't understand why you don't have an attorney. You say you're scared to death for your step-son's safety. What's the problem?

Although it is mixed on here, I believe an OP is an option. However, I believe that filing a motion to modify visitation, requiring that the visitation be supervised is the best option. If there is an ongoing case, you should likely file your motion in the ongoing case in order to avoid possibly upsetting the current judge in the ongoing case. You can always file an emergency motion in the ongoing case and have it set quickly if the child is endangered. Additionally, if you are in Peoria, the Family Court and OP judges have the ability to order supervised visitation through the Crittenton Centers, which may be the best option.

Nevertheless, if you truly feel that the child is endangered, then you should contact an attorney immediately in order to get this matter resolved and to ensure the best possible outcome for the child.

for more information or to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION call 309-839-8049 or check-out: http://tufflawfirm.com/

Child custody topics