We are in a custody battle with my step sons mother and we have a women that would testfy she's prostituting herself help!

Asked 12 months ago - Peoria, IL

we are thinking of getting an order of protection against her from her son for prostitution and drugs we have a friend of hers that is concerned for my stepson and would testify against her for this action what can I do and how do I do it please help she's a danger to this little boy

1. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

9

Answered . Discuss this with your custody attorney. Even if that is true, and it may be hard to prove, that may not be a basis for an OP for the child.

2. Judy A. Goldstein

8

Answered . You need to speak with a lawyer. An OP is a possibility. DO NOT call DCFS or you will have more problems on your hand. Since you already have temporary custody, you can file a motion for supervised or restricted visitation. Your lawyer will know what to do. If you do not yet have counsel, speak with several and hire the one you like the best. There are many excellent attorneys in your area.

3. Wes Cowell

6

Answered . I don't understand why you don't have an attorney. You say you're scared to death for your step-son's safety. What's the problem?

4. Joe Pioletti

Pro

2

Answered . In an OP action it is going to be tough to cause the judge to take away custody from a mother just because of the nature of OPs. If this is happening then alerting DCFS might be a more effective method.

5. Jerry A. Tuffentsamer

2

Answered . Although it is mixed on here, I believe an OP is an option. However, I believe that filing a motion to modify visitation, requiring that the visitation be supervised is the best option. If there is an ongoing case, you should likely file your motion in the ongoing case in order to avoid possibly upsetting the current judge in the ongoing case. You can always file an emergency motion in the ongoing case and have it set quickly if the child is endangered. Additionally, if you are in Peoria, the Family Court and OP judges have the ability to order supervised visitation through the Crittenton Centers, which may be the best option.

Nevertheless, if you truly feel that the child is endangered, then you should contact an attorney immediately in order to get this matter resolved and to ensure the best possible outcome for the child.

for more information or to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION call 309-839-8049 or check-out: http://tufflawfirm.com/