Watch Given As Gift From Now Ex Wife, She Wants (Wanted) It Back....

Houston, TX |

A watch was given to me by my now ex wife. She told me to have it and i spent $1,000.00 to repair it. It was her deceased brothers of 9 years watch. The watch was in a jewlery box with her deceased mothers items. Ex wife sold the mothers items for scrap gold of over 8K, then says she wants the watch back cause it has sentimenal value to her when she cant even describe it accurately, her D bag - Wayne Newton look alike lawyer Brian McNamera said i cant prove that she gave it to me as a gift when i provided copy of checks in ex wifes name of gold she cashed in for her alcohol abuse money. I even offered to take a polygraph test. Clarification Answer Request.

What is your question?

If you want the watch, hire a lawyer and dispute the claim.

Also, your divorce decree may provide that you are awarded all personal property (which would include the watch) that is currently in your possession.

The personal comment about her lawyer or what she does with money are irrelevant and not appropriate for here (or anywhere)

It's a gift. Keep it.

Her lawyer is right to the extent that if you want to prove it was a gift to you and not divisible community property then it is your burden to prove that. Otherwise, your option is to work out a division of property that results in your keeping the watch.