Wat can i do to have my 1 n1/2 year old live wit me when i leave her mother. i support them both if i leav she will take baby

im only wit the mother because i dont want her to take the baby away from me. she dont work, drive or ne thing she is 22 years old.. i support both..is there ne thing i can do to get custody of the baby im jus scared she is gonna take her away and im not gonna get to c her agin

Asheboro, NC -

Mark S Williams

Mark S Williams

Child Custody Lawyer - Wilmington, NC

You should consult with an attorney. The NC Bar Association offers a free referral service and will refer you to a local attorney for only $30.

Generally, if she is a fit and proper person, the judge will decide what is in the best interests of the child. Even if she gets custody, you can be granted visitation. But you need to file a custody complaint to get a court order on custody and visitation. And you can't do this generally until you separate from her.

Disclaimer: Information posted for educational / informational purposes only. No attorney client relationship created through the use of this web site. Information pertains to the State of North Carolina only. See our website, www.RiceFamilyLaw.com for more information.

Sponsored Listing

Related Advice

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.