Washington State speeding ticket deferal question

Tacoma, WA |
Filed under: Speeding tickets

I received 2 speeding tickets within a week of eachother. One has set a court date for December and the other has already offered me a deferal since I had not had any violations in 12 yrs. My concern is the deferal offer if from 10/25/10 for 1 yr. BUT, will I be in violation of that deferal if/when the 2nd speeding ticket hits my record even though the voilation was before the 10/25/10 deferal offer date?

If I understand you correctly, you already accepted a deferral on 10/25 and that the applicable length of time is one year. I believe the other ticket shouldn't affect your deferral since you technically got it before your deferral. You can read more about deferred findings here: http://www.seattletrafficandspeedingtickets.com/ticket_practice_areas/faq.html With that being said, your chances of having your ticket dismissed or reduced to a non-moving violation are generally much greater if you have experienced traffic attorney fight your ticket. Many offer free consultations and charge a reasonable flat fee. An added upside is that you generally do not need to appear in court.

Every court is different, but the short answer is no. The second ticket cannot violate the terms of the deferred, because the complained of conduct will have already occurred prior to the deferral being entered.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets