Washington L&I Rating Category

Asked over 3 years ago - Olympia, WA

The original answer was it "probably" 40% disability due to brain trauma, except it is under the "dorsolumbar and Lumbosacral" section. To clarify my question, where can I look to see what the ratings system is and what qualifies as a certain percentage?

1. Robert Daniel Kelly

Pro

Answered . Examinations for the medical determination of the extent of permanent bodily impairment shall be made ONLY BY PHYSICIANS currently licensed to practice medicine and surgery.
    (Italics ours.) WAC 296-20-210(1)(a). "Physician", in turn, is defined by the rules as a "person licensed to perform one or more of the following professions: Medicine and surgery; or osteopathic." WAC 296-20-01002. Doctors of chiropractic come within the definitions of "doctor" and "practitioner" under the rules, but not within that of "physician". WAC 296-20-01002. The ratings are discussed at WAC 296-20-190 through WAC 296-20-690.
    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/WAC/default.aspx?cite=29...