Washington L&I Rating Category

Olympia, WA |

The original answer was it "probably" 40% disability due to brain trauma, except it is under the "dorsolumbar and Lumbosacral" section. To clarify my question, where can I look to see what the ratings system is and what qualifies as a certain percentage?

1. Examinations for the medical determination of the extent of permanent bodily impairment shall be made ONLY BY PHYSICIANS currently licensed to practice medicine and surgery.
    (Italics ours.) WAC 296-20-210(1)(a). "Physician", in turn, is defined by the rules as a "person licensed to perform one or more of the following professions: Medicine and surgery; or osteopathic." WAC 296-20-01002. Doctors of chiropractic come within the definitions of "doctor" and "practitioner" under the rules, but not within that of "physician". WAC 296-20-01002. The ratings are discussed at WAC 296-20-190 through WAC 296-20-690.
    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/WAC/default.aspx?cite=296-20