Washington County, Oregon - Domestic Violence

Asked over 1 year ago - Hillsboro, OR

My husband and I were drunk. I was arguing with my father, and decided to call a long time friend to take me to coffee. He said when he pulled up he saw him punch me in the back. ( my husband) i told the cops nothing happened. i had no marks. what do i do

1. Jay Bodzin

2

Answered . I'm afraid it's not quite clear from the question just what all happened. There are a lot of pronouns, which makes it hard to figure out who did what ("He said when he pulled up he saw him punch me"), Also, you didn't say what happened next. Was someone arrested? If so, then that person needs to consult with a criminal defense attorney, immediately. They must say nothing about this to anyone else until they do. A person charged with a crime has the right to be appointed an attorney by the court if they can't afford one. You can call the Oregon State Bar for a referral at 503-684-3763; or, if you are seeking a public defender (a court-appointed attorney), you can contact the Oregon Public Defense Services at http://www.oregon.gov/opds/Pages/index.aspx .

Please read the following notice:

2. Melissa Budden Kelleigh

1

Answered . If you are in an abusive relationship and you want to end the relationship, you may want to consider getting a Family Abuse Prevention Act restraining order. Such orders can prohibit your husband from contacting you or coming within 150 from where you live and work. You should contact an attorney to determine whether a restraining order is appropriate in your situation and to talk with you about ways you can end a violent relationship.