Skip to main content

Was wondering what a disturbing the peace summons do to a person in court, if they plead guilty or innocent, any one can help

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Criminal defense

i was wondering what a disturbing the peace summons can do to a person in court, if they plead guilty or not guilty, and is there any lawyers here that help with such a case, because want to prove that it was not disturbing the peace, and that its innocence, and also don't have much money to give, maybe something low if you can help. I want someone though with a great track record though to help with showing its innocence

Attorney Answers 2

  1. There is no such violation to my knowledge in NY, and you may be referring to disorderly conduct which is a violation. You will qualify for a public defender/legal aid if you are indigent and request appointed counsel in court at your first appearance.

    If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

  2. I have handled such matters in Brooklyn for 30 years and it would usually be possible to get an ACD dismissal in just one appearance. As long as you are not re-arrested in 6 months the case would be dismissed and there would be no fine. It would be a low fee as it is likely just one short appearance at the Brooklyn Courthouse.
    John J. Carney Esq. 917 696 2363

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics