Was victim of a domestic violence realtionship that ended with him being imprisoned. i feel like my victim rights have been viol

i was a victim of a domestic violence realtionship with my sons father that ended with him being imprisoned. he was not imprisoned because of the charges for beating me he was charged with several obstruction to law enforcement officer with violence and a couple charges for attempted removal of an officials weapon. he is also a convicted felon. The law enforcement officers that responded to the call were not only uncompassionate towards me , the victim in the case, but also wrongfully arrested me for hindering the apprahention of a criminal. Evan though he had just recently violated a bond in south carolina and since i had been working with the local south carolina police department for them to pick him up because i was in fear for my life, had been for awhile. he is coming up for parole a

Guyton, GA -

Keith Samuel Hasson

Keith Samuel Hasson

Insurance Law Lawyer - Atlanta, GA

The system often does a poor job of protecting the victims of domestic violence. It sounds like you are doing the right thing by being pro-active and reaching out to the victim witness folks. I'm not sure what you are asking, but please feel free to contact my office if there is any assistance that I may be able to provide.

Adrian Lopez Patrick

Adrian Lopez Patrick

Criminal Defense Attorney - Snellville, GA

Actually it seems that you were not the victim in the case. You stated that "he was not imprisoned because of the charges for beating me he was charged with several obstruction to law enforcement officer with violence and a couple charges for attempted removal of an officials weapon. he is also a convicted felon." So this fact of you not actually being the reason he was arrested could be perceived as you not having victim rights; thus, there could be a reasonable belief that you are not protected by the victim rights provisions.