Was this a proper serve or even legally binding?

Denver, CO |
Filed under: Litigation

I got court order papers but they were tied on my door knob outside with a rubber band. I thought I had to be handed the papers...

It was a summons. a collection agency suing for a medical bill over $800.

We do need more informatoin

2. This answer actually depends ... was this for an eviction?

3. This is not proper service of a collection summons. However, if you don't challenge the service with the Court it is likely that the process server will file a return of service that makes it look like you were served and the case will move forward.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or info@Harkess-Salter.com. Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

Litigation topics