Was the bill signed for the Good Time law for PA prison inmates in 2013?

Philadelphia, PA |

if so how would my husband go about getting info in this to get him home

1. RRRI (good time for certain eligible state inmates) went into effect for those inmates sentenced at the end of November 2008. So it depends when your husband was sentenced. If it was after that date the court should have addressed it at the time of sentencing by setting a RRRI minimum date. There is no guarantee an inmate will get released early they have to complete the required programming while in DOC custody.

This attorney is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania. The information provided herein shall not be considered legal advice nor be construed as creating an attorney client relationship with Porter & Katzman, P.C. An attorney of your choosing should be contacted and a thorough review of the facts would be required.

2. I agree with attorney Katzman. The issue of RRRI eligibilty has to be addressed at sentencing the offense has to be an eligible offense.