Was on ortho novum bcp for 20 years 47 years old non smoker 2 years ago had rare blood clot in brain been on disability

Asked about 1 year ago - Amityville, NY

lost job. brain impairment ect. depressed. can i still go after the doctor or pill company
for i had periodic migraines and was never told to stop them or of a risk

1. Joseph Leonard Ciaccio

8

Answered . If you're question is whether you can still sue the doctor or the pill company - it would depend on how much time has passed since you treated with the doctor or was prescribed/took the pills. As for whether you would have a successful case - more facts would need to be known before a determination can be made.

I would suggest you contact an attorney in your area to discuss further.

Best of luck.

2. Christopher Michael Davis

Pro

8

Answered . You should contact an attorney in your area to go over the facts of your case in more detail.

3. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

6

Answered . You should contact a local attorney, but your case will be a tough one. You have been on the pills for a very long time. Even if your attorney finds an expert who says that you should not have been on the pills for such a long time - the claim may be barred by the statutory limitations period. Good luck.

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

4

Answered . More information is needed.

Pro

5

Answered . Have a local lawyer in your state investigate

6. Marco Caviglia

2

Answered . The statute of limitations on medical malpractice is 2 1/2 years after the offensive act, and for a product liability claim 3 years, though the starting point may be tricky. Obtain a consultation with a local PI attorney to discuss meaningfully.