Was on ortho novum bcp for 20 years 47 years old non smoker 2 years ago had rare blood clot in brain been on disability

Amityville, NY |

lost job. brain impairment ect. depressed. can i still go after the doctor or pill company
for i had periodic migraines and was never told to stop them or of a risk

If you're question is whether you can still sue the doctor or the pill company - it would depend on how much time has passed since you treated with the doctor or was prescribed/took the pills. As for whether you would have a successful case - more facts would need to be known before a determination can be made.

I would suggest you contact an attorney in your area to discuss further.

Best of luck.

Joseph L. Ciaccio is a New York attorney with the Law Offices of Joseph M. Lichtenstein, P.C. (medicalattorneyny.com). The answers posted herein are not legal advice and do not create an attorney-client relationship.

its been since 1/11 in icu tooken of pills 11/10 saw prescribing doctor right before clots and stroke occured

You should contact an attorney in your area to go over the facts of your case in more detail.

Any accident and legal information provided by Davis Law Group to non-clients is for general information purposes only. It is not a substitute for legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created or maintained without a signed written agreement between the client and the law firm.

You should contact a local attorney, but your case will be a tough one. You have been on the pills for a very long time. Even if your attorney finds an expert who says that you should not have been on the pills for such a long time - the claim may be barred by the statutory limitations period. Good luck.

More information is needed.

Have a local lawyer in your state investigate

The statute of limitations on medical malpractice is 2 1/2 years after the offensive act, and for a product liability claim 3 years, though the starting point may be tricky. Obtain a consultation with a local PI attorney to discuss meaningfully.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.