Was my vehicle illegally and unlawfully impounded?

Chicago, IL |

First issue is my car was unlawfully impounded by the police , under Municipal Code of Chicago 9 - 92 - 030 Authority to impound or otherwise relocate vehicle , none of the circumstances listed would elect for my vehicle to be impounded . Under Municipal Code of Chicago 7 - 24 - 225 Unlawful drugs in motor vehicle - Impoundments states " The owner of record of any motor vehicle that contains any controlled substance or cannabis , as defined in the Controlled Substances Act , 720 ILLS 570 / 100 , et seq . , and the Cannabis Control Act , 720 ILLS 550 / 1 , et seq . , or that is used in the purchase , attempt to purchase , sale or attempt to sell such controlled substances or cannabis shall be liable to the city for an administrative penalty of $ 2 , 000 plus any applicable towing and storage fees " . It also states " Whenever a police officer has probable cause to believe that a vehicle is subject to seizure and impoundments pursuant to this section , the police officer shall provide for the towing of the vehicle to a facility controlled by the city or its agent " . It does not state that the police officer may drive my vehicle to the police station and than from the police station provide for the towing of the vehicle . The police officers drove my vehicle from my home to the police station with my father , grandmother , and uncle as witnesses to the police officers driving my car . My car was illegally impounded by the Chicago Police .

To prove your opinion you need an attorney

Do you agree a case can be made? Also, the police did not have probable cause to search my car and searched my car without arresting me first which I believe is also illegal. Police ask me "was it weed they smelled", I did not say nothing, they ask me to get out my car and searched my car.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets