Was just wondering how much I can receive in a injury settlement?

In January I was attacked by a girl and was sliced in my face with a bottle from the top of my eyebrows straight through my eyelids down to my chin I received over a100 stitches inside n outside my face.

Bronx, NY -

Craig A. Post

Craig A. Post

Personal Injury Lawyer - Spring Valley, NY

There is simply not enough information posted here to address the question. This is something you need to discuss with your attorney. If you trust his/her judgment and advice, then that should suffice. If not, then you have to re-evaluate your attorney/client relationship. No one here knows how your scars healed, if there is insurance coverage or the circumstances of the incident.

Matthew C Simon

Matthew C Simon

Personal Injury Lawyer - Parsippany, NJ

It depends on many facts which are not listed in your post. Much more information is needed.

This does sound like a serious injury. As such, you should seek a consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney in your area. Many attorneys, such as myself, offer free 30 minute consultations in the 5 boroughs.

Gregory Scott Gennarelli

Gregory Scott Gennarelli

Personal Injury Lawyer - Mineola, NY

You have not provided enough information to answer the question and I'm not sure you could here. Your injuries sound severe but you may have an issue with finding insurance coverage since an intentional act is typically not covered by insurance. Thus, unless the girl that assaulted you has substantial assets, your chance of making a substantial recovery is likely limited. However, if the incident occurred in a club or other facility, there is a chance, however slight, that you could potentially hold the club or facility liable for providing inadequate security or, if its an employee with a history of similar action, obtaining some liability however there may still be an insurance issue. It sounds like you may be fighting an uphill battle unless the girl has assets, but it all depends upon the facts and circumstances surrounding the incident. Consult with an attorney as soon as you can. Good luck.

Steven Miller

Steven Miller

Personal Injury Lawyer - Garden City, NY

The answer to your question depends upon many factors. The first issue to consider is liability, the circumstances uder which you were attacked. The next issue is, who is responsible; is there anyone in addition to the girl who is responsible. Next issue is damages, what type of scar resulted, functional disability, cost of care. Then you must consider the ability to pay by those responsible. Is there insurance that will provide coverage, do the responsible parties have assets, etc. You should review everything with an attorney that handles personal injury cases.

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Personal Injury Lawyer - Bronx, NY

Depends if she has insurance or is the landlord or someone else responsible. See a local personal injury lawyer. The injuries are large, the liability and insurance are questionable.

Rory M. Alarcon

Rory M. Alarcon

General Practice Lawyer - Ronkonkoma, NY

Talk to one of the attorneys listed here as soon as possible. Don't be surprised if you cannot receive anything. Act quick. DON'T DELAY.

Eric Elliot Ludin

Eric Elliot Ludin

Personal Injury Lawyer - Saint Petersburg, FL

You should speak to an attorney to discuss this case. There are many issues that effect the answer to your question. The first being whether the woman who injured you has any assets that you could attach in order to satisfy a judgment or recover a settlement?

See a lawyer. Good luck!

Brian C. Pascale

Brian C. Pascale

Way too many factors exist to give you an accurate answer. However, what you must do is find a competent personal injury attorney to investigate this case. It is likely that the assailant will not have any money to recover a judgment from. However, you may have an action for negligent supervision, negligent security, or something of that nature. Feel free to call our office. Initial consultations are always free of charge. You can reach us at (516) 280-4716.

Josh P Tolin

Josh P Tolin

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Saint Louis, MO

As you can gather from the previous answers, there are many factors that go into evaluating any injury. Insurance, venue, damages, permanency, severity of scar, etc... Hopefully you are represented by counsel. If you are, your attorney is in the best position to give you a range. If not, retain a local personal injury attorney as soon as you can.

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer

We just closed a facial scarring case which was much less than your injury for $150,000.00. But the question is - who has the insurance on this. If the person who attached you does not have insurance to cover her law suit, no lawyer is going to touch this case. In our case, there was an auto insurer who is paying the settlement.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Personal Injury Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

It depends on whether the person has any money, or if this was on a business property, there may be an inadequate security claim against the property owner. Retain one of the above distinguished lawyers in your state to investigate.

Hayley R. Greenberg

Hayley R. Greenberg

Personal Injury Lawyer - New York, NY

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

You should contact an attorney to discuss your questions as additional information would be helpful. Who do you think is going to pay the money? Does the girl have assets?

I wish you the best of luck.

Please remember that I do not normally monitor these questions after I have posted a reply.

Free phone consultation Monday — Thursday 1-5 pm.

Hayley Greenberg

Greenberg & Merola, LLP, Attorneys at Law
91 N. Franklin Street, Suite 211, Hempstead, NY 11550, (516) 887-1975

521 5th Ave. Ste. 1700, New York, NY 10175, (212) 593-6111

Additional Offices: Queens & Brooklyn

Joseph Gerard Dell

Joseph Gerard Dell

I handled and tried a similar case in the mid 1990s. What we would need to know is where it happened and the facts leading up to it. The case is clearly worth a large number as it involves scars to your face and if they were through and through lacerations is most likely sensory nerve damage. But how much you will recover in a damages settlement or verdict will depend on the insurance coverage if any and the facts of the case.

Stacy E Pepper

Stacy E Pepper

Personal Injury Lawyer - Ridgeland, MS

Hire a personaly injury attorney in your state to review your file.