Was involved in consensual sexual relationship with my professor. Not sure if sex harassment applies

Asked about 2 years ago - Memphis, TN

I am 33, and he is 52. I was naive to the emotional tactics of narcissists. He sucked me in, spending lots of money and seducing me--which I found flattering from a respected teacher. We had a bad breakup recently, and I told him I was gonna file a grievance against him with the college, because student/ptofessor relationships are prohibited, current student or not. He threatened to file a harassment charge on me, saying he has FBI contacts he can use. I have phone records to disprove that claim--the contact was mutual. But he said hed use his influence as a professor, along with a sex tape we made to destroy my future. I feel exploited emotionally and sexually. I know hes shown the tape to his friends. Do I have any options?

1. Vernon Michael Kurtz

3

Answered . The decision to file a grievance would be one you could make, although it is not clear why you would file one, if this relationship was mutual. Although if it has affected your status at the school, it would make sense. The overall issue and question is what are you trying to accomplish?

2. Robert David Richman

3

1

Answered . It is not really clear what the harassment would be or how he would destroy your future, but he is obviously doing whatever he can to keep you from going forward, including committing extortion. It is up to you whether to go forward or not. If you do, he is likely to lose his job regardless of whatever claims he makes. He has every reason to destroy the sex tape, not disclose it, since it proves your allegations.

3. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

1

Answered . It depends on your state laws, but as an attorney who has handled dozens of cases ail
    Milan to yours in Texas, I think the real focus in your situation is not on the mutual consesnual sexual relationship (although the power structure clearly gives the professor all of the power over you) but should be on the fact that he invaded your privacy rights by showing a private sex video to his friends. That is wrong and most likely is illegal in TN as well. You should consult with a personal injury water in TN who handles invasion of privacy cases. Good luck. This guy is a predator.