Was involved in a car accident, but it was not my fault

Asked over 2 years ago - Clemmons, NC

I was involved in an auto accident, which is not my fault, i told both adjusters that I was fine. The accident was like 5 days ago, but now im starting to have pain in my neck, shoulder area, and just noticed a healing sore on my elbow. My car was hit on the driver side, and it was declared a total loss. What should I do now. I was not issued any ticket. Not sure if the other driver was or will be. They made an improper lane change and side swiped me. Is it too late for me to be checked for this pain?

the car i was driving still has a balance of several thousand dollars.

1. James M. Roane III

Pro

6

Answered . Go to the doctor and get checked out first. While everyone knows that problems can show up after a few days, insurance companies don't. Well, at least they claim they don't. They will likely claim that this was a gap in treatment and attempt to deny or reduce the claim value. Regardless of the value they put on the claim, you should get checked out to make sure that you don't have any problems. Police officers often don't write tickets following a wreck. Instead, take a look at your police report to see what he/she wrote down. In particular look for skid mark locations or debris marks reflected on the report. Also, it may show what the other driver said at the scene.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

6

Answered . If you have suffered injuries, contact a personal injury attorney.

Good luck!

3. Kevin M Garrison

5

Answered . This is not unusual since sometimes it takes a few days for the injuries to manifest. If you now feel that you are injured then the first thing that you should do is seek medical treatment. The longer you wait the more difficult it will be for you to prove that you were hurt in the accident. If you wish to make an injury claim then get in touch with an attorney in your area who can then guide you through the rest of the process.

4. Ronald Walter Kim

4

Answered . You should seek medical attention immediately and then consult an attorney.

5. Herbert W. Auger

Pro

2

Answered . I recommend that you get treatment right away. The longer that you delay, the harder it will be to prove that the injjuries were related to the accident.