Skip to main content

Was involved in a accident no witness my word against other driver their insurance won't pay what should I do..I can get proof!

Atlanta, GA |

my defense is very strong but I dnt know what steps to take

Attorney Answers 12

  1. Hire a lawyer. If you don't have a law degree you shouldnt act like one. Would you do your own surgery? Problem is that many attorneys won't touch a case with liability issues. Check around on here and call someone for a free consultation.

  2. You definitely want to talk with a lawyer. Tell them what your proof is and how you can get it. They will be able to advise accordingly. Good luck.

  3. Call and retain a local area personal injury attorney. Most offer a free initial consultation and a contingency fee contract which means no up-front costs for you for professional services until a recovery is made.

    Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

  4. You need to hire a lawyer to help you. the insurance company will continue to stonewall you until you get a lawyer. You might also consider a private investigator depending on the facts of your case. Also make sure to report this to your insurance company.

  5. Liability is often disputed in an accident. You need to consult with a personal injury attorney to assist you in pursuing your case. Personal injury attorneys typically handle cases on a contingency fee basis and give free consultations. Use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find one in your area. Best of luck to you...

    THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

  6. The best way for things to go badly is to not hire a lawyer. If you were injured and there is disputred liability your chances of recovery are about zero without counsel. (If you were not injured, you let your insurer and the other driver sort it out).

    ATTORNEY GLEN ASHMAN 404-768-3509 . If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. Note that I am only licensed in Georgia and thus cannot practice in other states. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

  7. Best to get a lawyer. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated Avvo attorney.

  8. By know I am sure you understand that if you want to make a claim there is only one way: hire a lawyer.
    You do have proof. It's simple> you are the proof. You know what happened and you will say so. I never understood the "my word against yours." "Yours" is the truth, right?? Then tell it. If you are more credible then the other person--and you have an advantage; the truth, you usually will have enough to prevail.
    If anything I said makes you more confident then that is exactly what you need: sincere, truthful confidence.

    If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.

  9. There are three kinds of auto cases when it comes to liability: those where liability is conceded, those where liability is determined by the court pursuant to a motion for summary judgment and those where liability is contested all the way to settlement or verdict. Most, if not all lawyers I know who take auto cases take all three kinds of cases. We prefer having liability conceded, though then damages will be hotly contested. Sometimes, though, it can be advantageous to have a defendant contest liability and look ridiculous in front if the jury while doing so. Juries tend to punish such behavior with bigger damages awards. My point is, a good lawyer will be able to depose the defendant and lock him,or her into an improbable story. The lawyer will be able, also, to cross examine the defendant at trial and present that improbable story to a rational jury. So, it is only "your word against his" as long as you are going it alone. Get a good lawyer from the Avvo find a lawyer tab and have a competent advocate take up your claim.

    We are serious lawyers for the seriously injured. I am a co-author of WEITZ ON AUTOMOBILE LITIGATION: THE NO FAULT HANDBOOK. The opinions expressed in this answer are not legal advice. These opinions are thoughts based on New York practice. We have no attorney-client relationship. Conducting a conversation with me through the avvo comments section does not create an attorney-client relationship. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future performance.

  10. They have already denied your claim. You are not going to change their mind but they are setting you up to take a ridiculously low "nuisance" settlement. Stop trying to change their mind yourself and get legal representation.

    Disclaimer: This response is provided to you by attorney Robert G. Rothstein (404) 216-1422 for educational and informational purposes only.No attorney-client relationship has been created hereby. Other attorneys may have different opinions or responses. If you found this response helpful, please indicate Best Answer to Avvo. Thank you.

  11. My legal advice to you: As a former top federal government accident investigator and a former Professional Engineer with 33 years experience in engineering & accident investigation and as a lawyer with 20 years of having helped hundreds of victims of car and truck accident, you NEED to get an experienced lawyer ASAP. Every HOUR you are without an experienced lawyer could potentially damage your case significantly. This is a complex and challenging case of interacting violent physical forces and legal standards. A lawyer with a deep understanding of both the accident investigation /engineering dimension and the legal dimension of such accidents could help you maximize your recovery and compensation in this matter.

  12. More information is needed to provide you with a helpful answer. However, the best place to start would be to look at the accident report that was completed by the police or law enforcement agency who responded to the wreck. Did they make a determination of fault? Did they issue any traffic citations? If so, what was the disposition of the traffic charges? Did they draw a diagram of the accident and how it took place?
    I would start by looking at what the officer who investigated the accident determined. If you were found to be at fault by the officer then you have an uphill battle ahead of you.

Government law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics