Skip to main content

Was in my fathers business and was involved in a fight

Calexico, CA |

was in my fathers business and was involved in a fight with the neibor business next to us. He had no real injuries but played as that he had. He never came back to work for 3 month stating I was scared and nervous for my safety. He tried to sue my dads company but the judge said you have to go after the individual and not the businss.The judge gave him2 month to serve me. But i moved to another state. I heard there is another court case but didnt receive any letter. He is sueing for 7500 is lost wages. If i dont show can i lose the case??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If there is in fact another case against a person who has left the state, the plaintiff has to serve a defendant first. If the plaintiff can't find the defendant to have him served, the judge may allow service by "publication", that is the plaintiff can publish a classified ad "notifying" the defendant of the case. If the plaintiff successfully serves the defendant by publication and the defendant doesn't file an answer, he may be able to get a default judgment against the defendant. Of course, this is just general advice and not intended to be specific advice for your case.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer